Benefits of a Metal Roof
What are the benefits of a metal roof?
There are many reasons why you would want a metal roof over an asphalt roof. In addition to the beautiful look of a finished metal roof, there are many other financial and safety reason for getting a metal roof.
Metal Is Permanent
- Many asphalt roofs will only last a maximum of 10-12 years, depending on weather conditions. But when you get a metal roof, you get it for life. Most metal roofs can last up to 50 years! You’ll never have to worry about getting a new roof.
- Our metal shingles are made from post-consumer recycled metals and can be installed directly over your old roof, eliminating costly tear-offs and extra waste.
- Our metal roofs are installed flush onto your old roof, so there’s no room for reverberation, meaning there’s no added noise inside the house.
- Metal roofs are maintenance-free. They won’t rust or crack and you’ll never need to worry about mildew or rot getting into it.
Lower Attic Temperatures
- Asphalt shingles retain heat and pull it into your attic, raising the temperatures. Metal shingles reflect heat, meaning the temperature of your attic won’t increase due to the sun.
- Metal roofs make it easier to sell your home. Not only do metal roofs have fantastic curb appeal, they increase the value of your home dramatically. A home buyer that doesn’t have to worry about replacing their roof will pay more than one who will have to replace their roof every 10 years.
Buying a metal roof is one of the biggest financial, home improvement commitments you can make. Researching and making an informed decision is vital. Knowing all the benefits that come with a new metal roof is one of the most important aspects of this decision.